Thanks for visiting Black Mom’s Guide to Calm! If you’re looking for tips and advice on how to overcome your overwhelm and create more calm and peace in your life, you’re in the right place.
I’m Jamie, and I know firsthand how difficult it can be to maintain calm and peace in your life, especially as a woman and mommy (and a Black woman/mommy in particular). Whether you’re married or single, an entrepreneur or in Corporate America (or both), we play different roles that lead us to feeling stressed out, worn out, and burned out, and we often end up putting ourselves and our needs on the backburner. But you don’t have to live your life this way! I initially created Black Girl’s Guide to Calm (now Black Mom’s Guide to Calm) to show you how you can change things around.
Why Black Mom’s Guide to Calm?
I became more consistent with my meditation and yoga practices after having a baby in 2013. Long story short (you can read the long version here), I found myself completely overwhelmed and frustrated with my roles as wife, mama, and entrepreneur (who worked from home). Ultimately, practices like meditation, yoga, and self-care helped me change myself and my life — literally. And I want to show you how you can use these methods to transform yourself and your life as well so you can find your calm, joy, relief, and wholeness!
This brand is for you if:
- You’re tired of always feeling burned out, stressed out, and worn out — and know it’s time to do something about it.
- You want to incorporate habits and practices like meditation, yoga, self-care, etc. to create more calm in your daily life.
- You want to feel more peaceful, harmonized, and happier.
Get Started with Finding Your Calm
- Sign up for the free 5-day Mindfulness Experience (and get weekly emails).
- Shop for calm products here.
- And here are some blog posts to get you started:
- 15 Reasons You Should Start A Meditation Practice
- The Importance of Self-Care
- 4 Tips for Beginning Meditators
- 7 Reasons You Should Start Doing Yoga
- 3 Breathing Techniques for Stress Relief
- 20 Affirmations for Calm and Inner Peace