Like I mention in my story on this site, I’ve been meditating on a daily basis since last year. When I don’t meditate (or make time to sit in silence for a few minutes), I can tell the difference: I get stressed and overwhelmed more easily, I’m in a hurry, and I don’t really live in the moment. Meditation had definitely been life-changing and beneficial to me.
You might be thinking, ‘Okay, it’s great that meditation has changed your life, but I just don’t have time to meditate.’ But here’s a cute quote that puts the importance of meditation like this:
“If you don’t have time to meditate for 15 minutes, you need to meditate an hour!”
Now, I’m not suggesting that you meditate an hour or even 15 minutes; you can begin with just five minutes a day. If you need some motivation to start your meditation practice, here are 15 benefits of making that time each day:
- Meditation helps you change your mindset from negative to positive and helps you control your thoughts.
- It develops your intuition.
- Meditation helps you realize what’s really important and helps you ignore the petty issues.
- It helps you keeps things in perspective.
- It decreases your tendency to worry.
- Meditation helps increase productivity.
- Meditation brings your mind, body, and spirit in harmony.
- It helps you develop a closer relationship with God.
- It helps you become more mindful and live in the moment.
- Meditation improves your focus and attention.
- Meditation reduces stress and reverses the flight-or-fight reaction.
- It creates a sense of inner peace and calm.
- It improves resilience against pain and tough times.
- Meditation improves your decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meditation also strengthens your immune system and reduces cardiovascular problems and chronic pain.
Do you meditate? How has it benefited your life?
Discover breathing techniques, various ways to meditate, and more in BeCalm Bootcamp: Meditation for Beginners! Click below to get all the details; we start August 15th.
Photo Credit/HONGQI ZHANG