It can be tricky to know you’re experiencing stress, especially if it’s constant and you feel that’s “just how things are” and/or it’s a way of life. If you’re reading this blog post, I’m sure you’d like to recognize signs of stress so you can create more calm in your life.
Here are five signs that you might be dealing with stress and don’t know it:
- You’re irritable or experience mood swings. You might find yourself getting annoyed easily or that the smallest things get on your nerves. You might also find that you snap on people more quickly
- You have a hard time concentrating. If you find that you have difficulty focusing on tasks or that you often forget things, you might be dealing with stress and overwhelm.
- You may have physical symptoms. You might experience headaches, muscle tension, a change in your appetite and weight loss or gain.
- You procrastinate often. You may feel overwhelmed by all you need to do, so you put tasks off or wait until the last minute.
- You have sleep issues. If you have trouble falling or staying asleep at night, and/or feel tired throughout the day, stress may be the culprit.
A few ways to combat your stress and find calm (in case you need a reminder):
- Practice yoga.
- Live in the moment.
- Create daily habits and routines for calm and self-care.
- And, of course, check out the shop for resources!