Welcome to week 3 of #MeditatingInMarch! This week’s focus is on starting your meditation practice at home:
1. Find/create space. Having a space that inspires you and/or makes you feel peaceful will likely motivate you to actually meditate. If you don’t have an entire room you can use (I don’t), no worries! Just use what you have and get creative. You can use a corner in your bedroom or put your items (like crystals, incense, candles, etc.) on your nightstand or table.
2. Make time. To become consistent with your practice and experience the amazing benefits of meditation, you must make time for it. Ways to do this:
- Write it in your planner.
- Put a reminder in your phone.
- Schedule it in your calendar.
3. Start small. If you’re just getting started with meditation, you don’t have to start with an hour, 30 minutes, nor even 15 minutes a day. Begin with 2 to 5 minutes, then work your way up to longer times as your practice continues.
4. Be gentle with yourself. If you remember nothing else, please remember this: Meditation is a practice. There will be days when your mind won’t stop wandering; there will be times when it feels like it’s not working. Just remember that the more you do it, the easier it becomes (most days). And the more you keep at it, the more often you reap the benefits.
Check out the YouTube Channel for guided meditations to help you get started!