Let’s face it: Some days are shitty. Even the most calm, cool, collected among us have days that just plain old suck. And when they occur, it’s easy to get stuck in a space of overwhelm, frustration, and feeling sorry for ourselves. Now, I’m not suggesting that you don’t have a right to feel the way you feel when things go wrong (you totally do!); you just don’t need to stay in that space. Reading and repeating inspirational words are one of my favorite ways to get my mind back right. Here are 18 quotes and affirmations for the rough times in your life:
1. “Every day is a new beginning, take a deep breath, and start again.”
2. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next.” – Denis Waitley
3. “The things that go wrong for you have a lot of potential to become part of your gift to the world.” – Krista Tippett
4. “Don’t be so hard on yourself.”
5. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lena Horne
6. “Within you is the power to rise above any situation or struggle, transform into the brightest, strongest version of you EVER!” – Your Inner Sparkle
7. “This, too, shall pass.”
8. “Don’t forget that you’re human. It’s okay to have a meltdown. Just don’t unpack and live there. Cry it out and then refocus on where you are headed.” – Unknown
9. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “When times get tough, the key is not to stay strong…the key is to stay grateful.” – Liv Lane
11. Happiness and peace are an inside job, so I choose thoughts that allow me to feel both.
12. ‘Every experience I have is perfect for my growth.” – Louise Hay
13. I got this.
14. No matter what’s happening in my life, I can always access that inner peace within me.
15. I let go of what I can’t change and do my best with what I can.
16. When I go with the flow, my life is easy and filled with joy.
17. I cannot control everything that happens to me; I can only control the way I respond to what happens. In my response, is my power.
18. I handle life’s issues with a relaxed mind and body.
Do you have a go-to quote or affirmation for your tough times? Let us know by leaving a comment!