A challenge I’ve been dealing with the past few months is letting go of how and when (which is almost always a challenge for me, TBH). I know, intellectually, that I can’t make things happen how and when I want them to. But I have to admit: When I feel like I’ve been doing the work, taking inspired action, laying low and planting seeds behind the scenes, and it looks/feels like nothing is happening, I get discouraged sometimes. And I start to have doubts — even though I know, for sure, that everything happens when it’s supposed to and how it’s supposed to.
And knowing this truth means I have to let go of how and when and surrender to the Divine.
Now you might be saying, “Yeah, that sounds great, and I can relate, but how do I do this?” Well, I don’t have all the answers, and I’m still a work-in-progress, but here’s what I’ve learned:
Focus on what you can control. I cannot control every aspect of the process, and that’s okay. So instead of worrying about what I can’t do, I put my energy towards what I can do.
Do your best and take inspired action. Continue putting in the necessary work to make your intentions a reality, and make sure you are:
1. Doing things that actually move you in the direction you want to go.
2. Getting guidance from Spirit/your intuition about what to do (ask, get still and quiet so you can hear, and pay attention to clues around you).
3. Do not act or do things from a place of desperation; it never works.
Remember your why. When you start feeling discouraged and feel like nothing is working, remember the reason why you want what you want and why you began. Take time to visualize the outcome you desire and feel good about it coming to you.
Flow. The best ways for me to do this are to:
1. Stay in the present moment as much as possible. I focus on what’s in front of me (because it’s easy for me to let my mind wander and start creating all these worries and what-if scenarios). And when my thoughts stray (because that’s how the mind works), I gently bring my awareness back to the moment.
2. Use affirmations. This allows me to stay positive, vibrate higher and focus on what I want/what I’m creating vs. letting fear and worry take over. (See below for a few I like to use).
Breathe and keep reminding yourself that everything works out when and how it should. Again, I know this is true, but sometimes, doubt creeps in. When this happens, I take a few deep, full breaths and remind myself of this truth and of the fact that Spirit/my ancestors have my back.
My favorite affirmations to use for surrendering the how and when:
- I listen to my Higher Self and take inspired action.
- I do what I can and let Spirit handle the rest.
- Everything happens when and how it’s supposed to.
- I choose to trust Divine timing.
- I choose to trust my process and journey
“Everything comes to you at the right time. Be patient.” – HealthyPlace.com