One of my favorite ways to find calm and practice self-care is by journaling. I usually either do a brain dump when I have a lot on my mind, or I write to process my emotions when I’m feeling overwhelmed, anxious, sad, frustrated — any emotion that I feel I need to work through. Additionally, I write what I’m thankful for and my intentions for the day every morning.
Journaling is definitely something I recommend everyone do, at least occasionally. Why should you? It:
- Increases your focus.
- Allows you to process the things happening in your life.
- Helps you heal from the past and mentally/emotionally.
- Allows you to express yourself freely.
- Helps you solve your problems.
- Creates clarity and helps you become more self-aware.
Using prompts is a method you can use to begin or enhance your journaling practie. Below are six that will help you create more calm, joy, and positive energy:
- I’m thankful for ____ (set a timer for 2-3 minutes, and list as many things as you can think of).
- I am lovable because ________.
- What are the ways I like to (or would like to) practice self-care?
- 3 simple steps I will take to find calm are _________.
- What makes me happy?
- What’s something positive happening (or something positive that’s recently happened) in your life?
A few more journaling ideas:
- Your goals/intentions.
- How your ideal life looks
- Your bucket list
- Where would you like to be in one year? 5 years?
“Journaling is a voyage to the interior.” – Christina Baldwin
Happy writing! ❤