Chakras refer to the wheels of energy throughout our bodies in yoga, meditation, and Ayurveda. There are seven main chakras that align the spine, starting at the base and through the crown of your head. Because they affect our psychological, emotional, and spiritual states of being, it’s important that the chakras stay open, fluid, and aligned.
The root chakra is located at the base of your spine and consists of the things that ground you to stability in your life. This includes your basic physical needs (food, water, shelter, safety) and your emotional needs (like moving past fear and worry).
When your root chakra is unbalanced, you might feel:
- “out of it”/like your mind is all over the place.
- anxious or worried.
When the root chakra is balanced, you feel:
- trusting (of yourself and your Higher Power).
One way to heal your chakras is through affirmations, and here are 10 that will help:
- I feel safe and secure.
- I am grounded.
- I trust life, and I trust myself.
- I am open to all possibilities.
- I trust in the goodness of life.
- I have the right to be here.
- I am centered.
- I am exactly where I need to be.
- Life is conspiring in my favor.
- I live in an abundant universe.
You can repeat these whenever you feel the need, or you can use one (or more) while meditating.