Over the past few years,
I believe the Universe has been trying to teach me to live in the moment. As a daydreamer who has been developing her patience forever (it seems), being present and allowing everything to unfold the it is has not been my strong suit. I am, thankfully, getting better at it. Because what I’ve come to realize is that the only moment/time there is is the present moment, and fretting/obsessing over what’s to come does nothing but stress me out and cause me anxiety (and it probably does the same to you).
If you have trouble staying present and living in the moment, here are 10 quotes to inspire you to do so:
- “Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Joy comes to us in ordinary moments. We risk missing out when we get too busy chasing down the extraordinary.” – Brene Brown
- “Trust the timing of your life.” – Unknown
- “I know that the big miracles we’re waiting on are happening right in front of us, at every moment, with every breath. Open your eyes and heart, and you’ll begin to see them.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Wherever you are, be all there.” – Jim Elliot
- “Be. Here. Now.”– Unknown
- “Mindfulness is paying attention on purpose, in the present moment, and nonjudgmentally, to the unfolding of experience, moment to moment.” – Jon Kabat Zinn
- “Breathing in, I calm my body. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment, I know this is a wonderful moment.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Wherever you are, be there. If you can be fully present now, you’ll know what it means to live.” – Steve Goodier
- “Living in the moment brings you a sense of reverence for all of life’s blessings.” – Oprah Winfrey
Having a meditation practice is a great way to learn how to live in the moment! Download my guided meditation to get started.