The result of this year’s election has a lot of us feeling anxious, fearful, on edge, a swirl of various emotions. It’s definitely warranted and necessary to process whatever we feel. And during — and after — you’re working through your feelings, I think it’s super important that you protect your peace.
That doesn’t mean you need to be totally oblivious to what’s going on, ignoring it, or pretending to be super happy. It means just doing what you need to do to stay centered and grounded. With that being said, here’s what I did the past couple of days to make sure I maintained and protected my peace:
- Social media break. I did make the mistake of getting on Facebook early Wednesday morning, but I ended up taking a break from there and Instagram until Thursday evening.
- Read. I read some good, drama-filled urban fiction.
- Meditated with/carried crystals. If you want to do the same, here are some suggestions:
For calm/peace — amethyst, rose quartz.
To ground yourself — black onyx, smoky quartz, black obsidian
To boost your mood — citrine, rose quartz, yellow jasper
By the way, I’ve gotten a few crystals from ThirdEye Naga.
- Deep breathing.
Some other ideas:
- Journal and get your feelings out.
- Go to the gym/work out.
- Smudge yourself/your space.
- Chat with a friend.
- Watch some ratchet TV (don’t judge lol).
“Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.” – Unknown
What do you do to protect your peace? Let us know by leaving a comment!